- Fifth generation Floridian, born in Tallahassee in 1980
- Married to Sarah Irvin Fixel in 2008
- One daughter (Raleigh Gail Fixel) born in 2011 and one son (Arthur Sorrell Fixel) born in 2015
- University of Virginia, J.D., 2005
- While studying law at the University of Virginia School of Law, Mr. Fixel was a member of the editorial staff for the University of Virginia Environmental Law Journal
- Duke University, B.A., Political Science and Religion, 2002
- Listed as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in every year from 2013 to 2020 in Florida eminent domain law. This honor is given to attorneys under the age of 40 who have excelled in the practice of eminent domain law in the State of Florida. No more than 2.5% of qualified lawyers in the State of Florida are designated as Super Lawyer Rising Stars, and Mr. Fixel received this honor for eight consecutive years.
- Contributed to “Eminent Domain Mediation,” Twelfth Edition (2021), Eleventh Edition (2019), Tenth Edition (2017), Ninth Edition (2014) and Eighth Edition (2012), Eminent Domain Practice and Procedure, The Florida Bar Manual.
- Featured Speaker on Technology and the Practice of Law at the 21st Annual Eminent Domain Institute’s CLE International Conference in Tampa, Florida (2017)
- Featured Speaker on Attorneys’ Fees and Costs in Florida Eminent Domain Law at the 20th Annual Eminent Domain Institute’s CLE International Conference in Tampa, Florida (2016).
- Featured Speaker on Tree Valuation in Florida Eminent Domain Law at a 2016 International Society of Aboriculture Conference in Tallahassee, Florida (2016)
- Featured Speaker on Ethics Issues in Florida Eminent Domain Law at the 17th Annual Eminent Domain Institute’s CLE International Conference in Tampa, Florida (2013).
- Co-Author of Striking Back Against Peremptory Strikes, American Bar Association, Products, General Liability and Consumer Law Committee Newsletter (2010).
- Co-Author of How Mohawk Will Affect Litigation, Law360.com, Appellate and Employment Sections (2010).
- Co-Author of Trends in U.S. Product Liability Litigation, PLC Cross-border Handbook, Life Sciences (2007, 2008).
- Contributed to the article, “Proposed Changes to the Georgia Rules of Evidence Synthesizing 140 Years of Trial and Error, December 7, 2007 edition of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia’s Product Liability Seminar Program Materials.
- Contributed to the article, “A Bedeviling Little Subject Called Metadata,” April 17, 2006 edition of the New York Law Journal.
- Member of The Florida Bar, 2010
- Member of The Georgia Bar, 2005
- Member of United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida (2011)
- Member of United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2007)
- Member of the United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit (2007)
- Member of Georgia Court of Appeals (2007)
- Member of Georgia Supreme Court (2007)
- Elder and Member of First Presbyterian Church of Tallahassee
- Chairman of the Stewardship Committee for the First Presbyterian Church of Tallahassee
- Member of the Endowment Committee for First Presbyterian Church of Tallahassee
- Member of the Nominating Committee for First Presbyterian Church of Tallahassee
- Member of the Board of Trustees for Maclay School in Tallahassee
- Former Vice President and Member of the Alumni Association Board for Maclay School in Tallahassee
- Former interviewer for prospective students seeking admission to Duke University
- Lifelong supporter of Florida State University athletics and Golden Chief Booster
- Tallahassee Neighborhood Leadership Academy Graduate (Class of 2012)